Saturday, January 6, 2007

Introduction

My name is Abraham Tharakan, and family name Thekkanattu Parayil (Kerala). I am a retired company executive and consultant, past 73, currently staying at Chennai.

I love reading, mostly fiction. And writing. Writing means sitting in front of the computer and struggling with the writers block. Nevertheless, a published writer. I wrote an article on the education policy of the first Communist government in Kerala, in 1958. It was published by a major U.S. magazine. Forget the name. US Educator or Catholic Educator or something like that. I was paid USD 25 for it. Published a few articles in India after that.


Then I turned to writing short fiction. Two of my stories and a poem have won prizes in competitions.

The purpose of this blog is to record my memories, thoughts and ideas.

No comments: